Like most companies, Neighborly has an official mission statement and vision; however, unlike most companies, Neighborly has a Code of Values© that each employee is encouraged to know and follow by heart, with heart. The Code of Values serves as a set of universal guidelines to which the company strives to adhere, from the bottom of the organization all the way to the top.
For more details about Neighborly’s corporate Code of Values, please read Live RICH, a tribute to Neighborly and its roadmap for success across a global network of franchisees.
- Treating others as we would like to be treated.
- Listening with the intent to understand what is being said and acknowledging that what is said is important to the speaker.
- Responding in a timely fashion.
- Speaking calmly and respectfully, without profanity or sarcasm.
- Acknowledging everyone as right from their own perspective.
- Making only agreements we are willing, able and intend to keep.
- Communicating any potentially broken agreements at the first appropriate opportunity to all parties concerned.
- Looking to the system for correction and proposing all possible solutions if something is not working.
- Operating in a responsible manner: “above the line…”.
- Communicating honestly and with purpose.
- Asking clarifying questions if we disagree or do not understand.
- Never saying anything about anyone that we would not say to him or her.
- Continuously striving to maximize internal and external customer loyalty.
- Making our best effort to understand and appreciate the customer’s needs in every situation.
Having Fun in the Process!
Everyone wants to have fun!
The Code of Values is a crucial component of Neighborly’s business success. The organization strives to keep these values front-and-center every day by encouraging everyone in the company – from the leadership team to the associates to the franchisees – to know and embrace these values “by heart, with heart.” For more on how Neighborly’s corporate culture was founded on these guiding principles, read Dina’s books Live R.I.C.H. and Values, Inc. (both available for purchase at Values-INC.com).