Being on “Undercover Boss” was so rewarding for me. Now you have a chance to be rewarded as well! Enter my “Reveal Your Undercover Role Model” Sweepstakes by May 17th for your chance to win $3,000. Here are the details:
Undercover Boss “Reveal Your Undercover Role Model” Social Media Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations
Dina Dwyer-Owens’ role as Faith Brown on Undercover Boss has impacted the lives of thousands since the original airing in 2012. Men and women alike have come forward to reveal to Dina how her role as Faith Brown made a difference in their outlook on life.
Has someone unknowingly had a direct impact on your life, but you’ve never found the time or had the opportunity to tell and thank him or her? The Dwyer Group wants YOU to reveal your undercover role model for a chance to win $3,000.
Tell THE DWYER GROUP who unknowingly impacted your life.
You can enter through:
- A Facebook post on THE DWYER GROUP’s page at www.facebook.com/TheDwyerGroup.
- A tweet revealing your undercover role model. Must include #UndercoverReveal and @DwyerGroup to be entered.
- Upload a video to YouTube explaining who your role model is and how they impacted your life. Post it on THE DWYER GROUP’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TheDwyerGroup.
- Email your name and story to PR@DwyerGroup.com.
- Get your friends, family, family friends, friends’ families, co-workers, hairdressers, and pet groomers to like, retweet, share, and favorite your photos for more exposure.
- Enter as many times, through as many sites, as you would like.
- Entries that are derogatory, mean spirited, profane, inappropriate or rude in nature will not be accepted. THE DWYER GROUP reserves the right to delete inappropriate entries at their discretion.
- The entries will be gathered and given to a third party vendor. One winner will be picked at random.
No purchase is necessary. Any purchase made will not improve entrant’s chances of winning. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Void where prohibited.
Sponsor, Administrator & Prize Provider: The Dwyer Group LLC, 1010 North University Parks Drive, Waco Texas 76707.
Sweepstakes Entities: The Dwyer Group LLC, 1010 North University Parks Drive, Waco Texas 76707.
The prizewinner will receive a $3,000 check supplied by The Dwyer Group.
Only persons residing in the United States who are at least 18 years of age can enter.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF RULES: By entering Reveal Your Undercover Role Model (the “Sweepstakes, you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
2. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD: The THE DWYER GROUP LLC’s Reveal Your Undercover Role Model sweepstakes will be comprised of one (1) prize promotion to begin at 9:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on May 13, 2013 and end at 11:59 PM EST on May 17, 2013. One entry will be chosen at random as the winner by a third party vendor.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years old at time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families, spouse and parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside, and household members, whether or not related) of THE DWYER GROUP LLC, CBS, any associated entity or any independently owned and operated franchise related to THE DWYER GROUP LLC or its seven sister companies: Aire Serv LLC, Mr. Rooter LLC, Rainbow International LLC, The Grounds Guys LLC, Mr. Electric LLC, Mr. Appliance LLC and Glass Doctor LLC are not eligible to enter or win the prize promotions. By entering, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, eligibility requirements, (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless the Company Entities and all of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) against any and all claims, injury, damage or losses to any person or property arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of or relating to participation in this sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a prize, and (c) agree to be bound by the decisions of the sweepstakes process, which are final and binding.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are three (3) methods of entry. Entry Method via FACEBOOK, TWITTER, or YOUTUBE. In order to enter via Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube you must have a valid Account. NOTE: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube. You may also submit your name for consideration by emailing your name and contact information to PR@DwyerGroup.com. You are providing your information to The Dwyer Group, Inc., not the social media network. The Dwyer Group, 1010 N. University Parks Dr., Waco, TX 76707.
5. PRIZE DRAWING: The entries will be given to a third party vendor to randomly choose the winner. Odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
6. PRIZE(S): One (1) Prize Winner will be announced on or about May 22nd and given one (1) check valued at $3,000 on or about May 30. The winner will be contacted the week following the end of the sweepstakes. The name of the winner can be obtained by contacting The Dwyer Group in writing.
Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning the Prize, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
7. ODDS/DRAWINGS/WINNER NOTIFICATION: Odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The random prize drawings will take place on or about May 22, 2013 and the prize awarded on or about May 30, 2013. The Prize drawing will be conducted by a random by 3rd party vendor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. The Potential Prize winner (“Winner”) will be notified by a message as a reply to their original entry. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Administrator will only select up to two (2) alternate winners. If no contact has been made with the alternates after a reasonable effort has been made, the Prize shall not be awarded. Unclaimed Prize will not be awarded.
8. PUBLICITY: By participating, each entrant further agrees that, except where prohibited by law, participation in the sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent to Sweepstakes Entities and their respective designees to use his/her name, likeness and photograph for promotional, publicity and/or trade purposes in any and all media, in any manner, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
9. WINNER(S): By participating, each winner further agrees that their respective likeness and photograph, now and hereafter devised, waive any legal rights to their image without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
10. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY/LIABILITY RELEASE AND PUBLICITY RELEASE: Winner may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Release Forms”) within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms in a timely manner, or if Prize notification or Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
11. PUBLICITY RELEASE TERMS: Except where prohibited by law, a Winner’s acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, Twitter Service entry, Facebook entry, YOUTUBE entry or other entry, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
12. INTEGRITY OF SWEEPSTAKES: If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, cancellation or pre-emption of show, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Winner(s) from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13. LOST OF CORRUPTED ENTRIES: The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
14. DAMAGED PROPERTY: Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
15. SWEEPSTAKES ERRORS: The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotion of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error (s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
16. PRIZES AND PRIZE WINNER: The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Prize Winner, the distribution of a Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant’s or third person’s property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
17. RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Prize Winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
18. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: This promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
It’s official. Lightning does strike twice! That’s how I felt when “Undercover Boss” invited me to participate in a special episode on CBS called “Undercover Boss: Epic Bosses” for the season finale on Friday, May 17 at 8/7c.
Being on the show the first time in January of 2012 changed my life forever. And I’m not the only boss who can say that. “Undercover Boss” decided to revisit some of the bosses from the past four seasons for a look at how profound the experience has been since the cameras stopped rolling. You can bet I was eager to share my update! And you will get a chance to see it too. Tune in to CBS for what has happened to me, to all of our service brands at The Dwyer Group, and how going undercover has led to an incredible journey that continues today.
We thank you for your thoughts and prayers, as news of the explosion in West, just north of Waco, has captured the attention of the nation. Right now, it appears that all of our staff and associates at The Dwyer Group are safe.
We held a prayer meeting at The Dwyer Group campus this morning at 10:30 a.m., where we came together as a company to share our thoughts and prayers for what has happened so close to home in West as well as the recent tragedy in Boston this week. And we are taking action to assist in many ways.
- The Dwyer Group will be organizing a blood drive on our campus soon for any and all of our associates who wish to give blood.
- The Dwyer Group campus is serving as a collection station for supplies that are needed by those in West.
- The Dwyer Group is making arrangements for payroll deductions for those associates who have asked to make monetary donations.
- In addition, area franchisees across The Dwyer Group service brands, their teams, and many skilled associates from The Dwyer Group headquarters are donating their time and labor in West to help secure the neighborhoods. Wood and roofing materials to board up broken windows and secure properties have been donated as well with our efforts.
-And all of The Dwyer Group service brands Aire Serv®, The Grounds Guys®, Mr. Appliance®, Mr. Electric® and Mr. Rooter® are on standby for ways to help the recovery effort in the days ahead. Rainbow International® and Glass Doctor® are already on the scene.
- For anyone who wishes to help from a distance, your consideration is much appreciated. Please contact the American Red Cross (www.redcross.org)
This is a time for doing what we do best, and helping others when they need it the most. And our Code of Values is leading the way.
Last January I was on a riding lawnmower at a job for The Grounds Guys with a front row seat, literally, to just how hard our service professionals work for our newest franchisor at The Dwyer Group. I was in a heat index of 118 degrees outside of Memphis at a commercial landscaping job at a church. I called it one of the hardest days of work in my life. The Grounds Guys was a young and growing landscaping concept that I saw first-hand when I appeared on the CBS award-winning reality show “Undercover Boss.” In an instant I knew why our service professionals are so valuable and why our brands are the champions of their industries. What they do and how they do it is an incredible feat across all of our franchise concepts for millions of customers each year, and The Grounds Guys was destined to go places!
Here we are a year later celebrating our 100th franchise for The Grounds Guys. And I couldn’t be prouder of the accomplishment. As The Grounds Guys welcomes Jason Borawski, of Monmouth, N.J., who has been awarded the franchise, I welcome a huge milestone for a rapidly-growing chain that continues to exceed expectations. We like to aim high at The Dwyer Group for our service brands, and The Grounds Guys has surpassed every benchmark to stand side by side with our other service brands: Aire Serv, Glass Doctor, Mr. Appliance, Mr. Electric, Mr. Rooter and Rainbow International.
In the world of franchising, 100 franchise locations is a development hurdle that solidifies an expanding national and international brand. When we welcomed The Grounds Guys to The Dwyer Group, we saw potential, we saw a great founding family promoting strong ethics in the business and we saw a cultural fit that would be a wonderful addition to our company and The Dwyer Group Code of Values that we follow. The Culture of CARE at The Grounds Guys (http://www.groundsguys.com/culture-care) supported our goal to Live R.I.C.H. at The Dwyer Group (http://www.dwyergroup.com/live-rich.asp).
Today, we also see endless possibilities for the future and a great team to support a great service brand. Congratulations to The Grounds Guys, the executive team and associates for the brand, the franchise owners and their service professionals on the front lines, and to Jason Borawski who wears a very big honor.
A year after appearing on the reality show ‘Undercover Boss,’ Cypress woman Tanna Marino has turned a fairy tale ending into a new beginning, going from appliance technician to corporate consultant.
(Click on the link below to read the full story!)
When someone utters these words, the ending is pure joy. You don’t even have to hear the rest of the story. You know it’s great. Well, that was the case with one Mr. Rooter service call and a very special customer.
It was clear that a costly repair at this customer’s home was a financial hurdle when a collapsed sewer pipe would require thousands of dollars to correct. But Vinay Rajput, owner of Mr. Rooter of Schaumburg, knew that a good deed was in order.
The customer, who had helped kids for years through the Make-A-Wish foundation, would have her own wish granted — for free. For all the smiles she has brought to others, Mr. Rooter of Schaumburg decided to return the favor. Check out the pictures from the service call and read more about the story here: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130124/news/701249848/photos/
My heart is full with stories like these that reflect the caliber of our franchise owners, their service professionals and the customer experience that is being delivered in times of need. I congratulate Vinay and the Mr. Rooter of Schaumburg team for an exceptional example of putting customers first. As our Code of Values show – Vinay knows how to Live R.I.C.H., following the themes of Respect, Integrity, Customer Focus and Having Fun in the Process. And out of the kindness of one’s heart came one very happy ending.
One year ago, viewers across America met Faith Brown, my alternate persona in the CBS reality TV show “Undercover Boss.” It was a life-changing experience for me. But that was just the beginning. Little did I know how that show would deliver wonderful connections with people on the front lines of our service brands. That includes relationships with service professionals across our franchise family, customers who use our services and repairs, viewers-turned-franchise owners and the public at-large.
That one telecast was just the beginning. Thank you, CBS and Studio Lambert! What grew from there were re-runs, broadcasts of the show on cable networks in the U.S. and in countries around the world. I can confirm that The Dwyer Group episode of “Undercover Boss” has been seen by people on every continent except Antarctica. (You never know. That may soon be checked off the list!)
The greatest part about the entire journey has been sharing one of the things I cherish the most about our business: The Dwyer Group Code of Values. I like to say that we Live R.I.C.H. at The Dwyer Group, following the themes of Respect, Integrity, Customer focus, and Having fun in the process in our Code of Values. It was extraordinarily meaningful to stand by those principles on the show, knowing that what we do and how we do it even when the cameras are off continues to propel our business and excite our journey.
We’ve experienced unprecedented growth across our service brands in a trying economy. And being in business for yourself, but not by yourself, is what franchising is all about. We’re helping business owners, creating jobs, building brands, serving end-user customers and exceeding expectations. That’s admirable for any company, let alone seven service brand franchisors under one roof. And, thank goodness, those jobs are done by our trained service professionals. Because going undercover made Faith Brown (a.k.a. me) understand just what an important role we fill for millions of customers every year.
What began as one telecast, turned into a whole year of Undercover experiences with each new wave of emails, tweets, and letters to the “boss.” I would learn that our show had been seen in Brazil, Australia or The Netherlands because viewers there were inspired to communicate with me. I would learn someone new had been awarded a franchise and would soon be representing our service brands just like he or she had seen on T.V.
Yes, a year undercover was incredible. It was more than one journey for me. It was a scholarship fund for continuing education opportunities for our service professionals. It was a Women In Trades recruiting initiative across our brands. It was inquiries from prospective franchisees looking to own their own business. It was resumes from people wanting skilled jobs. It was having my cover blown and being blown away by the embrace we received as a whole at The Dwyer Group.
As we launch into 2013, I know there are even greater things ahead. More people know our service brands, more people know our Code of Values, more people know they have a choice when they need a plumber, an electrician, a landscaper, an appliance repair professional, flood restoration, glass installation, or HVAC emergencies. A year after “Undercover Boss, is about much more than the boss. It’s about the team we have at The Dwyer Group, across our service brands, and where we are all headed together!
Here’s to all of us. Live R.I.C.H. in 2013.
This truly has been a year of Faith. First and foremost, as a devout
Catholic, that was the theme celebrated by the church, which has been a
wonderful source of support and inspiration in my daily life as a wife,
mother and business leader.
But more publicly, it was a year that people saw me as Faith Brown, my
alternate persona on the Emmy-winning CBS show “Undercover Boss.” And what a
blessing that show was for me, for our company and for the many viewers it
touched across the country and around the world. The Dwyer Group, our
service brands and our Code of Values have reached tens of millions of
people in 2012 as a result of that show. And my own personal journey at the
grassroots level will be an experience I will cherish forever – an
experience that continues to flourish with each rerun in the U.S. and
broadcasts around the globe.
The victories of 2012 also extended beyond our TV exposure. The VetFran
program achieved a huge milestone with Operation Enduring Freedom www.VetFran.com to provide more jobs to military veterans and to continue to provide a pathway to
franchise ownership for those with a dream of owning their own business. The
Dwyer Group service brands have awarded 268 VetFran sales since January of
2003 and more than $1.5 million in financial discounts, and the program only
This year saw the introduction of The Dwyer Group Public Protectors program,
extending similar financial incentives to our first-responders here at home
as we do for the military. That has introduced franchise ownership to
policemen and women, fire fighters and EMT workers looking for that next
On the home-front we are thankful that our franchisees are growing even in a challenging environment. All seven brands will be celebrated on Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500 ranking, which comes out in the January issue.
For all of that growth, that exposure and that popularity of 2012, we have
stood on stages, given speeches, accepted trophies and congratulated the
team. Life in the spotlight for our service brands has been truly rewarding
and the result of great teamwork, and for me, the faith in knowing that years of following the code of values and our systems would get us here.
Equally important is what has happened outside of the spotlight. Behind the
headlines and accolades are the real stories that get shared daily at the
office, forwarded over a random email or passed along at the water fountain.
They are the tales of a great company with great people who believe in our
mission, vision and values. They are the reminders that we continue to
re-earn our position every day in every way. It is the stuff that isn’t
captured by the cameras – it’s just who we are.
It’s the annual stories of the Mr. Rooter franchise that “saved Thanksgiving”. It’s the countless events, fundraisers and community service hours that have happened all year long to establish record-setting support across our franchise brands for their local Ronald McDonald House Charities. It’s the stories behind the scenes of women who have sent in resumes and expressed interest in our Women in the Trades programs, because they want access to careers and opportunities across our service brands. It’s the network of franchise owners across the country who banded together and shared resources to dispatch needed help to victims of Hurricane Sandy. And it’s the induction of our founder, the late Don Dwyer Sr., into the Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame for being such a visionary more than 30 years ago to set us on this exciting adventure at The Dwyer Group. I know that he is smiling from Heaven after the year we’ve just had. And I have faith that the year ahead will be even more remarkable.
Thanks to everyone for being part of this fantastic journey. I wish you and
your friends and family a wonderful, safe and happy holiday season.
Keep living R.I.C.H.!